A bounty hunter at the wrong place at the wrong time....
- Federation Judge Dracen Gozz, on Vimes’ sentence.
Vimes is a striking figure with an eternally dark, angry and sullen appearance. He constantly wears dark clothes, and often keep illegal Lucullan smokes in his pockets. He bears strikingly unique weapons, particularly the forceblade – a weapon only wielded by the Psion Knights. Vimes has a scar on his face that looks more like an X rather than a disfigurement – caused by being too close to lightsabers during training. Not having access to medical facilities then, he was unable to heal properly. When he found out his ability to heal, he realized it was too late to heal his long-standing wounds.
Concept: Bounty Hunter Jedi
Casting Call: Keanu Reeves, Constantine
Crew Position: Fighter Pilot/ Combat Specialist
Force Blade Techniques
He is a master of using his forceblade and is a skilled martial artist. (Slash, Throw, Reflect Incoming Projectiles)
|31||Lightsaber: Multipower, 62-point reserve, (62 Active Points); OAF (-1)|
|5u||1) Lightsaber slash: Killing Attack – Hand-To-Hand 2d6 (2d6+1 w/STR), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Real Weapon (-1/4)|
|5u||2) Lightsaber Throw: Killing Attack – Ranged 2d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Real Weapon (-1/4)|
|5u||3) Reflect Incoming Projectiles / Lasers: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), Missile Reflection, Reflect At Any Target (50 Active Points)|
|3u||4) Lightsaber Whirl: Killing Attack – Ranged 2d6-1, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Area Of Effect (3” Radius; +1), Selective (+1/4) (62 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4)|
Since birth, he has had the potential to become a mentalist amd Psion warrior of great power. (Force Healing, Force Manipulation, Force Strength, Force Lightning, Force Field)
|50||Force Powers: Multipower, 50-point reserve|
|3u||1) Force Healing: Healing BODY 2 1/2d6, Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection (50 Active Points); Gestures (Complex; -1/2)|
|3u||2) Force Manipulation: Telekinesis (13 STR), Affects Porous, Fine Manipulation, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (49 Active Points); Gestures, Requires Gestures throughout (-1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)|
|4u||3) Raw Force Strength: Telekinesis (26 STR), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (49 Active Points); Gestures (-1/4)|
|4u||4) Force Lightning: Ego Attack 4d6 (Human class of minds), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (50 Active Points); Gestures (-1/4)|
|4u||5) Force Field (10 PD/10 ED) (Protect Carried Items), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4), Hardened (+1/4) (45 Active Points)|
Martial Arts Maneuvers
Counterstrike, Martial Block, Fast Strike, Martial Dodge, Weapon Element: Empty Hand, Energy Blades, Thrown Sword, Vehicle Weapons, Offensive Shot, Defensive Shot, Distance Shot
Security Systems 12-
Systems Operation (Communications Systems) 12-
Combat Piloting 12-
Navigation (Space) 12-
Defense Maneuver I
Combat Driving 8-
Computer Programming (Computer Networks, Hacking and Computer Security, Personal Computers, Military Computers) 12-
Weaponsmith (Energy Weapons, Swords And Daggers) 12-
WF: Beam Weapons, Energy Weapons, Energy Blades, Unarmed Combat, Vehicle Weapons
Hunted: Government 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)
Hunted: Force Users 11- (As Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Capture)
Reputation: Ruthless, 14- (Extreme) Honorable: (Common, Strong)
Psychological Limitation: Loyal to Team (Very Common, Strong)
Nathaniel Vimes, a member of a secret society of peacekeepers called ‘The Furions’ (named after the Greek Furies), was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. He has been undercover as a bounty hunter and a gunrunner for some time – in an attempt to take down one of the most ruthless organizations in the known galaxy: the slave marketeers under the House of Dion. He has taken years to forge an iron reputation as a murderer, psychopath, and a ruthless criminal – which became both his asset and downfall, as when the House of Dion was raided by the Federation, he too was taken into custody.
A man who was just at a wrong place at a wrong time – he was denied formal trial and immediately imprisoned in the Prometheus Detention Facility because of his deadly reputation. Now standing in the Black Row – a group of mutant prisoners placed there because of the danger they represent, he has been given a second chance at life – and his only chance to clear his name.
The Furions however, misinformed, are now hunting Vimes – thinking that he has fallen to evil. They begin the retributive bloodhunt for Vimes, and they are going to take him down with no mercy. They have been misinformed about Vimes’ undercover work, and currently does not listen to reason. Vimes, however, has a daughter, whom he trusts with his life. She currently holds her father’s torch in his old organization (albeit secretly) and helps him out by working in the inside. She, alongside a few others are the only ones who know of Vimes’ true innocence.
Now his fate lies on the F.S.S. Acarina, given at last his one chance to redeem himself (and to clear his name) – however, even with the Federation’s distinct order, there are those Furions who do not listen to the law… and it is only a matter of time until these catch up on Vimes and his ship.
1. Who is your character? What does she look like? I have a scar on my face that looks more like an X rather than a disfigurement caused by being too close to lightsabers during training. Not having access to medical facilities then, I was unable to heal properly. When I found out my ability to heal, I realized that long standing scars never heal much to my frustration.
2. What is your character’s best talent? Your occupation? I’ve been a weapons engineer, relief pilot, medic and all around grunt. I’ve been a bounty hunter and gun runner.
3. What is your character’s primary goal? Your Dream? Clear my name. I am wanted for mass murders in several worlds which I never committed.
4. What motivates your character? Clear my name. Hunt down those linked to the massacre.
5. Any known Contacts? Family? Friends? Enemies? I was part of an organization bent on keeping peace. Unfortunately things didn’t quite go as planned.
6. What are your favorite and least favorite things? Least favorite is leaving someone behind. And people who do not stand by their word.
7. Who does your character trust most? Hates most? How does he handle her situation with the crew? There is one person I trust, my daughter, still within the organization bent on capturing me for the crimes I did not commit. They believed too much in the rumors of my betrayal for them to consider that I was working undercover. Only a few people know what I was doing and she was among them. She feigns hatred but works in order to clear my name from the inside. What I hate the most are slavers.
8. What is your character’s opinion of the Federation? Frustrated and angry. They did not give me a just trial.
9. Why did you do to deserve a life sentence? I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I was supposed to meet a contact who I had hoped will lead me to a rival faction that sells arms. I got caught in a turf war and one thing led to another, I ran through a cloud of dust to find myself in the middle of a federation raid.
10. If you were to choose an actor or a fictitious character to serve as a stand-in for your character, who would he be? The guy from Full Metal Alchemist that has an X brand on his face.. or Keanu with the scar.